Thursday, May 6, 2010

watermelon cinco de mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Ben, my wonderful neighbor, build our first planter box today. I am so excited!!

This holiday, while is often thought of as Mexico's Independence Day (which is September 16th) actually commemorates the victory over the French army at The Battle of Puebla in 1862. We think of it as a drinking holiday and a day that means summer is right around the corner! In honor of Mexico's victorious defeat, I made watermelon margaritas and guacamole. Ben was cutting wood by spotlight and we were joined by party crashers who tried to climb into the guac. Nice try. And no, we didn't give either one a salty margarita - I just peeled them off my plate and let them go their merry way.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! The planter boxes are coming!! Your drinks look sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete